This is a motorcycle that I bought off a friend of mine for $100. It
had been setting in his storage shed for 3 years and hadn't moved in
all that time. I ended up completely taking the bike apart, had all the
piece bead blasted, repainted everything and then rebuilt the motor for
it. I still have some work to do to it since it's got a compression
problem, maybe one of these days I'll actually finish it, but I don't
think you can be a true tinkerer without at least one unfinished
project in the garage, if I'm not mistaken that's an unwritten law or
is what it looked like when I got it.
this is what it looks like now.
know I got the bike all
back together but was still having some major issues with it. I
recently did a compression test on the bike and found the pressure to
be waaaayyyyy to low. I had redone the valves last year so I don't
think that's the problem so tonight after work I started pulling it all
apart again. I got the thing apart so now it's a matter of going
through it really well and trying to find the cause. I need to check
the gap between the piston and the cylinder wall, check all the rings,
check and make sure the pistons are still within serviceable limits,
and then take the valves out of the cylinder head and recheck them.
Unfortunately when I did them last year I didn't have all the tools
that I do now, so I have better tools for inspection this time around.
I guess one good thing about it is that I've taken this bike apart so
many times I could write a manual about how to do it. hahahaha
Here are some pictures of tonights progress. Yeah, I know, I'm
Well I guess tomorrow night after work the inspection begins......